Multan Sultans 209 for 5 (Masood 83, Rizwan 69, Khushdil 18) beat Lahore Qalandars 206 for 5 (Zaman 76, Ghulam 43) by five wickets.
Multan Sultans have defeated Lahore Qalandars in a thrilling PSL match at the National Stadium Karachi today.
The defending champions needed 16 runs from six balls, but Khushdil Shah hit three fours and a six in the last over to seal victory for his side.
Lahore batted well and put together a formidable 207 runs target after Multan skipper Mohammad Rizwan won the toss and decided to bowl first.
Fakhar Zaman smashed 76 off 35 balls that included 11 fours and two sixes before Imran Tahir picked up his wicket.
Kamran Ghulam and Abdullah Shafique also contributed well, hitting 43 and 24 runs respectively.
Despite chasing such a huge total, the Sultans didn’t lose their nerve and started brilliantly.
Openers Shan Masood and Mohammad Rizwan created a solid 150-run partnership to put Multan in a dominating position.
However, Rashid Khan managed to break this dangerous partnership by dismissing Masood on 83.
Soon Rizwan also departed on 69 with Shaheen Afridi taking his wicket.
The match looked to be slipping from the hands of Multan when Afridi conceded only a single run and picked up the wickets of Tim David and Sohaib Maqsood in the second last over.
Khushdil Shah walked out to bat when his side needed 16 from six balls. However, the 26-year-old thrashed Haris Rauf for three fours and a six to seal a second consecutive victory for the Sultans.
Multan are currently at the top of the table, having won both their PSL matches to date.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title