The seventh season of the Pakistan Super League, also referred to as PSL 7 or PSL 2022, is set to start on January 27 and everyone is buzzing with anticipation.
Karachi Kings lifted the PSL crown in 2020 and considering the quality of bowlers and batsmen in their ranks, they are expected to repeat the feat this year.
However, since there is no shortage of talent in other teams, we cannot say anything with certainty.
PSL Schedule / Fixtures 2022
- Jan 27 – Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans
- Jan 28 – Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Jan 29 – Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars; Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators
- Jan 30 – Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United; Karachi Kings vs Lahore Qalandars
- Jan 31 – Quetta Gladiators vs Multan Sultans
- Feb 1 – Islamabad United vs Multan Sultans
- Feb 2 – Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
- Feb 3 – Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United
- Feb 4 – Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Feb 5 – Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars; Peshawar Zalmi vs Multan Sultans
- Feb 6 – Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United
- Feb 7 – Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars
- Feb 10 – Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Feb 11 – Lahore Qalandars vs Multan Sultans
- Feb 12 – Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators
- Feb 13 – Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings; Lahore Qalandars vs Quetta Gladiators
- Feb 14 – Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings
- Feb 15 – Peshawar Zalmi vs Quetta Gladiators
- Feb 16 – Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings
- Feb 17 – Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Feb 18 – Multan Sultans vs Quetta Gladiators; Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings
- Feb 19 – Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
- Feb 20 – Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings; Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United
- Feb 21 – Lahore Qalandars vs Peshawar Zalmi
- Feb 23 – Qualifier (1 vs 2)
- Feb 24 – Eliminator 1 (3 vs 4)
- Feb 25 – Eliminator 2 (Loser Qualifier 1 vs Winner Eliminator 1)
- Feb 27 – (Qualifier v Eliminator 2) Final
How to watch PSL Live on TV / Streaming
UK viewers can watch the PSL on Sky Sports Cricket.
For Pakistani viewers, the competition will be available on PTV Sports and Geo Super.
In India, Sony Six and Sony Six HD have the TV rights.
For viewers in the United States and Canada, all the cricket action can be enjoyed on Willow TV.
The PSL matches can also be streamed live on Tapmad TV for a worldwide audience.
See our live cricket streams page for information on how to find the best cricket streaming site for you.
Islamabad United Preview & Squad
Islamabad United were impressive in the group stages last season, winning eight of their ten matches to top the table. However, their bid for the PSL crown ended after losing both of their play-off matches.
Colin Munro played well in 2021, with the New Zealand cricketer averaging 57 from seven innings. He will now join Alex Hale who will come into this tournament on the back of an impressive BBL.
Hasan Ali and Mohammed Wasim picked up 13 and 12 wickets each in 2021. The duo will be hoping to build on those numbers in this edition.
Asif Ali, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Alex Hales, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Azam Khan, Paul Stirling, Colin Munro, Marchant de Lange, Muhammad Akhlaq, Reece Topley, Danish Aziz, Zafar Gohar, Mubasir Khan, M. Zeeshan, Rahmanuallah Gurbaz, Ather Mehmood.
Karachi Kings Preview & Squad
Karachi Kings squeaked through to the play-offs in PSL 6 after finishing fourth in the table. However, they fell at the first stage with Peshawar Zalmi knocking them out of the tournament in the Eliminator 1.
They have brought in Ian Cockbain to replace the injured Tom Abell. While the other overseas players include Joe Clarke, Lewis Gregory, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Nabi and Romario Shepherd.
Captain Babar Azam was one of the standout performers for Karachi last season. The skipper will again have a big role to play if the Kings are to do well in 2022. They also have the services of Sherjeel Khan who struck a century and a half-century during the tournament.
While they were brilliant in their batting department, Karachi weren’t so impressive with their bowling last year. The highly-rated Mohammad Amir, who took only five wickets in the previous edition, will be looking to bounce back in 2022.
Babar Azam, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Nabi, Mohammad Amir, Joe Clarke, Sharjeel Khan, Aamer Yamin, Mohammad Ilyas, Chris Jordan, Lewis Gregory, Umaid Asif, Tom Abell, Rohail Nazir, Muhammad Imran, Faisal Akram, Qasim Akram, Talha Ahsan, Romario Shepherd.
Lahore Qalandars Preview & Squad
Lahore Qalandars started out well and claimed top spot in the table after their first six matches. However, they failed to maintain their early momentum and lost their final four group matches to miss out on the play-offs. Lack of consistency and stamina meant an early exit for the Qalandars from the tournament.
Shaheen Afridi’s side will be aiming to win their maiden PSL crown this year and they have some excellent foreign players to help their cause, including Rashid Khan, Phil Salt and David Wiese.
Fakhar Zaman enjoyed an amazing T20 World Cup with the bat and he will look to replicate that form in the domestic league.
Shaheen Shah Afridi and Rashid Khan impressed with the ball last year, with the duo picking up 27 wickets combined. These two bowlers will be joined by Samit Patel and David Wiese in 2022.
Shaheen Shah Afridi, Rashid Khan, David Wiese, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hafeez, Sohail Akhtar, Zeeshan Ashraf, Ahmed Daniyal, Fakhar Zaman, Phil Salt, Harry Brook, Abdullah Shafique, Kamran Ghulam, Dean Foxcroft, Zaman Khan, Maaz Khan, Samit Patel, Syed Faridoun.
Multan Sultans Preview & Squad
Multan Sultans finished second in the table but gathered momentum in the play-offs to ultimately win their maiden PSL trophy.
They have the capability to repeat that feat in 2022, with the team boasting some excellent talents in their ranks.
Mohammad Rizman made four half-centuries in PSL 6 and also provided some scintillating performances in the T20 World Cup. The skipper will have a big role to play if Lahore are to do well this season.
The Qalandars will have the services of some superb foreign players as well, which include Imran Tahir, Blessing Muzarabani, Rovman Powell and Rilee Rossouw.
Shahnawaz Dahani was the leading wicket taker in 2021, with 20 dismissals to his name. He will be ready to step up again for the Sultans.
Mohammad Rizman, Rilee Rossouw, Sohaib Maqsood, Imran Tahir, Shan Masood, Khushdil Shah, Shahnawaz Dahani, Tim David, Odean Smith, Rumman Raees, Asif Afridi, Anwar Ali, Rovman Powell, Imran Khan Sr., Abbas Afridi, Amir Azmat, Blessing Muzarabani, Ihsanullah.
Peshawar Zalmi Preview & Squad
Peshawar Zalmi struggled for consistency in the group stages in PSL 6. However, they saw an upturn in their form in the play-offs, beating Karachi and Islamabad to book a place in the final where they ultimately lost to Multan.
Shoaib Malik was the leading scorer for Peshawar last season but the experienced batsman only made two half-centuries. He will need more big scores if the Yellow Storm want to go further in the tournament.
Captain Wahab Riaz, who took 11 wickets last season, will lead the bowling attack for Zalmi who will also have the services of Livingstone and Saqib Mahmood.
Wahab Riaz, Liam Livingstone, Shoaib Malik, Sherfane Rutherford, Haider Ali, Saqib Mahmood, Hussain Talat, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Hazratullah Zazai, USman Qadir, Salman Irshad, Arshad Iqbal, Sameen Gul, Kamran Akmal, Sirajuddin, Mohammad Amir Khan, Ben Cutting, Mohammad Haris.
Quetta Gladiators Preview & Squad
Quetta Gladiators endured a highly disappointing tournament in 2021. They registered only two victories throughout the entire campaign and finished at the bottom of the table.
The 2019 PSL champions will be hoping to perform well this year. They have some highly talented players in their ranks to go far in PSL 2022. Batsman Ben Duckett, who enjoyed an impressive BBL season, is a highly reliable figure for the Gladiators.
Captain Sarfaraz Ahmed contributed 321 runs in the last edition of PSL and he is expected to perform well this season too. While James Vince is another excellent overseas player for them.
James Vince, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz, Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Hasnain, Naseem Shah, Jason Roy, James Faulkner, Umar Akmal, Sohail Tanvir, Ben Duckett, Khurram Shehzad, Naven-ul-Haq, Abdul Wahid Bangalzai, Muhammad Ashar Qureshi, Noor Ahmad, Ahsan Ali.
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023: Full squad lists of all 10 teams
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season