Andy Murray exited the Australian Open in the second round earlier today.
The British tennis player lost to Taro Daniel in Melbourne in straight sets.
Muray had won his first-round match 6-1, 3-6, 6-4, 6-7, 6-4 against Nikoloz Basilashvili on Tuesday.
However, the five-setter against the Georgian drained the Briton’s tank.
He seemed sluggish and tired in his straight sets (6-4, 6-4, 6-4) defeat today.
Daniel will play the winner of the Steve Johnson (USA) and Jannik Sinner (Italy) tie in the next round.
Murray flatters to deceive in Australia
The 34-year-old British tennis ace is a former World No 1.
Murray overcame that tedious process to make his return to tennis last year.
He reached the finals of the Sydney Classic last week, raising hopes of a good outing in Melbourne.
However, professional tennis at the elite level can be unforgiving.
Despite retaining his reflexes, Murray is currently a few yards behind on his endurance game.
Big chance for Nadal to race ahead
One of Murray’s big rivals from yesteryear is Spanish ace Rafael Nadal.
The World No 6 has not put a foot wrong in Melbourne this year.
He won his first game 6-1, 6-4, 6-2 against Marcos Giron.
In the second round, Nadal demolished Yannick Hanfmann 6-2, 6-3, 6-4.
All three tennis stalwarts are tied on 20 Grand Slams apiece at the moment.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title