The Danish defender came through the ranks at Cobham before making his first-team debut for Chelsea in 2014 in a League Cup match against Shrewsbury Town.
Christensen is now an important part of the Chelsea defence under Thomas Tuchel.
However, his situation has changed this season as he is in the final year of his contract.
The player is reportedly unhappy with the wages he is being offered on his new deal and is prepared to leave at the end of the season.
Other clubs want Christensen
Chelsea’s unwillingness to raise their offer for Christensen has raised interest from other European giants.
Barcelona and Bayern are leading the race, and other Premier League clubs are also interested in signing him.
However, Christensen will reportedly not join any other club in England due to his respect for the Blues.
Christensen has less than six months left on his current deal and is currently free to negotiate a pre-contract with any non-English club.
Chelsea will have to act fast to retain the Danish defender.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview