Nigeria brushed aside Sudan 3-1 in AFCON 2021 last night.
The Super Eagles dominated the match in terms of possession and chances created.
They opened the scoring in the third minute and doubled their lead at the stroke of half-time.
Moses Simon scored their third goal just after the restart to put the match to bed.
Sudan scored a consolation goal in the 70th minute from the penalty spot.
The win secured Nigeria’s position in the last-16 of the tournament.
Sudan’s hopes of progression hang by a thread with one game remaining in the group stages.
Salah volley hands Egypt their first win in AFCON 2021
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah proved his class with a narrow-angle volley to help Egypt earn three vital points against Guinea Bissau.
Despite dominating possession, Egypt were able to create only four shots on target and Salah’s efficiency in front of goal made the difference on the night.
The win moved Egypt to second spot in their group standings.
They need to avoid a defeat against Sudan in the final match to progress to the next round.
VAR penalties end Gambia-Mali match in 1-1 draw
Two late penalties, both awarded by VAR, saw Gambia’s match against Mali end in a draw.
Both teams had won their opening encounters and will be happy to have not lost this match as it gives them an excellent chance to progress to the next round.
Ibrahima Kone scored for Mali in the 79th minute, with Musa Barrow cancelling out his strike a few minutes before the full-time whistle.
Tunisia take on Mauritania in crucial Group F match, Ivory Coast face Sierra Leone
Tunisia play Mauritania in the second Group F match tonight.
Both teams lost their first match and need to win this tie to keep their chances alive in the tournament.
With both Gambia and Mali on four points, a victory for either side will see them close the gap on the teams above them to one point.
Tunisia are currently leading the match 1-0.
Ivory Coast are playing giant slayers Sierra Leone in the other match and are expected to win.
Defending champions Algeria will face Equatorial Guinea in the last match tonight.
Read Next: AFCON round-up – Morocco qualify for the knockout stage, Malawi secure surprise win, Ghana on the brink after frustrating draw.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win