Cameroon beat Ethiopia 4-1 in AFCON 2021 last night.
The hosts continued their dream run in the tournament with a second consecutive win, this time by a bigger margin.
Ethiopia surprised the Indomitable Lions by scoring the first goal of the match in the fourth minute.
However, Cameroon took charge afterwards.
Lyon winger Karl Toko Ekambi equalised for Cameroon in the eighth minute.
Captain Vincent Aboubakar continued his hot-streak in front of goal with two second-half strikes to put the match beyond Ethiopia’s reach.
He is now the highest scorer in the tournament with four goals.
Ekambi scored his second of the night in the 67th minute to give Cameroon a 4-1 win.
Burkina Faso earn three vital points
Burkina Fason faced plenty of problems coming into the tournament.
Important players were ruled out before their opening game due to COVID-19.
Playing against Cabo Verde yesterday, it was important for the Stallions to get all three points.
A first-half strike from winger Hassane Bande was enough to seal the win for Burkina Faso.
Senegal, Guinea share spoils
Group B leaders Senegal and Guinea played out a 0-0 draw today.
Both sides played cautious football, with neither team keen on losing the most difficult fixture in their group.
Sadio Mane was one of the best players on the pitch, but he failed to repeat his heroics from the last match for Senegal.
Upcoming games today at AFCON 2021
Malawi take on Zimbabwe later today, with Morocco’s game against Comoros kicking off at the same time.
Gabon will play Ghana in the late kick-off.
Gabon captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang returned to training yesterday after completing his COVID-19 quarantine.
Aubameyang has not played first-team football since being dropped by Arsenal in December.
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Tunisia thrash Mauritania, late drama for Ivory Coast, defending champions Algeria on the brink
- Hazard in Real Madrid limbo as medical team suggests surgery but Perez insists on sale
- Barcelona, Bayern Munich leading race to sign Chelsea star, claims Fabrizio Romano
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Nigeria qualify for the knockout stage, Salah volley gives Egypt three points, VAR decides Gambia-Mali match
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Morocco qualify for the knockout stage, Malawi secure surprise win, Ghana on the brink after frustrating draw