Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is reportedly still far away from accepting a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
According to football.london, Chelsea’s offer of £140,000-per-week is £60,000 short of the German’s salary demands.
Chelsea are operating on thin ice, with Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid monitoring the situation.
Rudiger’s contract expires this summer, which will make him a free agent.
As he is already in the final six months of his deal, he can now negotiate a pre-contract with any non-English club.
Foot Mercato has reported that Ligue 1 giants PSG have already made an offer to Rudiger’s representatives for a potential transfer to Paris.
However, PSG are the outsiders in the chase for Rudiger.
Rudiger’s heart is set on Madrid
Spanish outlet AS has reported that Rudiger wants a move to Madrid if he cannot work out his future at Chelsea.
It has been reported that the German defender has had a long-standing wish to represent the Galacticos.
He is reportedly ready to play for a lesser wage in Madrid as opposed to the offer from PSG to fulfil his dream.
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Tunisia thrash Mauritania, late drama for Ivory Coast, defending champions Algeria on the brink
- Hazard in Real Madrid limbo as medical team suggests surgery but Perez insists on sale
- Barcelona, Bayern Munich leading race to sign Chelsea star, claims Fabrizio Romano
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Nigeria qualify for the knockout stage, Salah volley gives Egypt three points, VAR decides Gambia-Mali match
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Morocco qualify for the knockout stage, Malawi secure surprise win, Ghana on the brink after frustrating draw