Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is reportedly still far away from accepting a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
According to football.london, Chelsea’s offer of £140,000-per-week is £60,000 short of the German’s salary demands.
Chelsea are operating on thin ice, with Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid monitoring the situation.
Rudiger’s contract expires this summer, which will make him a free agent.
As he is already in the final six months of his deal, he can now negotiate a pre-contract with any non-English club.
Foot Mercato has reported that Ligue 1 giants PSG have already made an offer to Rudiger’s representatives for a potential transfer to Paris.
However, PSG are the outsiders in the chase for Rudiger.
Rudiger’s heart is set on Madrid
Spanish outlet AS has reported that Rudiger wants a move to Madrid if he cannot work out his future at Chelsea.
It has been reported that the German defender has had a long-standing wish to represent the Galacticos.
He is reportedly ready to play for a lesser wage in Madrid as opposed to the offer from PSG to fulfil his dream.
Read Next: Chelsea need to pay €10 million more to land Barcelona star.
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win
- This Week In Sport: Tough times for Arsenal, James v Curry, the Kentucky derby and more
- The Week in Sport: Man City get closer to a treble
- Europa League predictions: Can Sevilla beat Juventus?
- Preview: Everton vs Newcastle United – prediction, team news, line-ups