Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger is reportedly still far away from accepting a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
According to football.london, Chelsea’s offer of £140,000-per-week is £60,000 short of the German’s salary demands.
Chelsea are operating on thin ice, with Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid monitoring the situation.
Rudiger’s contract expires this summer, which will make him a free agent.
As he is already in the final six months of his deal, he can now negotiate a pre-contract with any non-English club.
Foot Mercato has reported that Ligue 1 giants PSG have already made an offer to Rudiger’s representatives for a potential transfer to Paris.
However, PSG are the outsiders in the chase for Rudiger.
Rudiger’s heart is set on Madrid
Spanish outlet AS has reported that Rudiger wants a move to Madrid if he cannot work out his future at Chelsea.
It has been reported that the German defender has had a long-standing wish to represent the Galacticos.
He is reportedly ready to play for a lesser wage in Madrid as opposed to the offer from PSG to fulfil his dream.
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview
- Carabao Cup Quarter-Final draw: Manchester United face Charlton, City take on Southampton
- How much money will Arsenal and Chelsea receive in FIFA club payments from World Cup