Spanish outlet El Nacional has reported that Barcelona are focusing on trimming their squad, with Dest tipped to be the next player to leave Camp Nou.
Nacional claims that Chelsea have made a €30 million bid for the 21-year-old.
Barcelona, who initially demanded €60m, are now ready to sell the US defender for €40m.
Barcelona need to unload more players to register Ferran Torres
Barcelona signed Ferran Torres from Manchester City in the winter transfer window.
However, due to the strict La Liga wage budget rules, the Catalans have not registered their new signing.
This may explain what Barcelona are ready to cut €20m from their asking price for Dest.
Chelsea facing a squad crisis due to COVID-19 and injuries
Chelsea’s squad has been ravaged with injuries and COVID-19 absentees over the last few months.
The Blues have not played with a fully fit first-team squad since the end of October.
Chelsea currently have Reece James, Trevoh Chalobah and Ben Chilwell out injured, while N’Golo Kante and Thiago Silva have COVID-19.
The Blues have been left exposed in both wing-back positions, with Chilwell and James currently out injured.
Chilwell is not expected to return until next season, while James is likely to play again in February.
It has forced Chelsea to look for new options in the market, with Dest emerging as a possible contender.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title