Fiorentina forward Dusan Vlahovic has been in hot form all year.
The 21-year-old striker recently grabbed the headlines after equalling Cristiano Ronaldo’s Serie A record of the most goals scored in the Italian top flight in one calendar year.
Vlahovic’s good run in front of goal has grabbed the attention of the European elites, with the player set to be the subject of a bidding war next year.
Manchester City and Arsenal have been linked with a transfer for the Serbian, with Paris-Saint Germain, Juventus and AC Milan also in the race.
The Times have reported that Tottenham Hotspur and Borussia Dortmund are also interested in the 21-year-old.
Vlahovic has scored 18 goals in 20 matches for Fiorentina this season.
Both Arsenal and Manchester City would be a step-up for young Vlahovic.
The Gunners would be a more comfortable choice, whereas City may prove to be a massive challenge at this stage of his career.
City are one of the best teams in Europe at the moment, and the level of competition in the squad is cut-throat.
Vlahovic will have to put his best foot forward from day one if he joins City.
At Arsenal, given that the squad at the Emirates Stadium is younger and the club is in a transition phase, Vlahovic will be able to hone his craft without the threat of being dropped every week.
Vlahovic is only 21-years-old and could easily progress at Arsenal for a few years before joining an even bigger club when he is ready to take the next step in his career.
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Tunisia thrash Mauritania, late drama for Ivory Coast, defending champions Algeria on the brink
- Hazard in Real Madrid limbo as medical team suggests surgery but Perez insists on sale
- Barcelona, Bayern Munich leading race to sign Chelsea star, claims Fabrizio Romano
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Nigeria qualify for the knockout stage, Salah volley gives Egypt three points, VAR decides Gambia-Mali match
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Morocco qualify for the knockout stage, Malawi secure surprise win, Ghana on the brink after frustrating draw