Barcelona are in financial disarray and have parted ways with several high-profile players, including club legend Lionel Messi, to balance their books.
The club are now looking at secondary options who can add quality to the team but not cost a fortune.
Romano has claimed Barcelona will not pay more than €50 million for Torres, whereas City are not ready to sell him for less than €60m.
The Italian transfer expert added that it has pushed Barcelona to form a ‘plan B’ and try to sign Ziyech from Chelsea.
Ziyech joined Chelsea in 2020 and has scored nine goals in 57 games for the club.
Chelsea have a plethora of forwards and attacking players in their ranks.
Thomas Tuchel uses them wisely by rotating his massive squad on a weekly basis.
This has seen Ziyech play a handful of games but also sit out many matches for Chelsea this season.
Unlike most of the other attackers at Chelsea, Ziyech has already hit his peak and is due to turn 29 next year.
His ceiling has been hit and Chelsea should remember that if they get a substantial offer from Barcelona for the Moroccan winger.
The Blues can replace him with the remaining attackers in the squad and also use the transfer funds from his sale to address other areas of concern in the squad.
Ziyech is not indispensable for Chelsea, and there are other younger players who can reach greater heights than the Chelsea winger.
The Blues should accept the deal if Barcelona come calling for him.
- Everton face crucial month of March that could define their season
- Preview: Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Porto vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- NBA 2023/24: 4 Main Contenders for the Championship
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolverhampton Wanderers – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – prediction, team News, line-ups
- Preview: West Ham United vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups