Several reports have flooded social media of 3-4 Chelsea players testing positive for COVID-19.
While some sources have claimed the number to be at three, others say four players have tested positive for the coronavirus.
It has also been reported that two of those players are first-team stars and were in contention to start for Thomas Tuchel tonight against Everton.
The Blues have already had one player test positive for COVID-19 before their game against Zenit St Petersburg.
It was Mateo Kovacic and now reports are claiming that some of his teammates are set to join him in isolation.
It has also cast a shadow over Chelsea’s match against Everton tonight.
Several Premier League games have been suspended over the past two weeks owing to an outbreak of the omicron variant of the coronavirus in England.
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are fellow English giants with COVID-19 cases in the club.
Their matches have been postponed by the Premier League, who are exercising caution over everything at the moment.
Chelsea vs Everton could join the shelved stack of matches in the Premier League.
The Premier League has seen a rapidly growing number of COVID-19 cases in the last fortnight.
Matches are being suspended as football clubs are having to shut operations in a country that is currently being plagued by the omicron variant.
It would be wise for the Premier League to hold off their matches regardless of the individual situation at the clubs.
The cases are likely to grow over the next few days, and the only way to bring it back down is to create strict social distancing.
It would also prevent some clubs from falling behind on schedule, giving the other teams an unfair advantage.
Another action the FA and the Premier League can consider is banning fans from stadiums for a few game weeks.
The situation is still developing at the moment, but the decisions have to come quickly to avoid any substantial loss both in terms of life or football.
- Mikel Arteta’s response on whether Arsenal are genuine Premier League title contenders
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sports Personalities That Enjoy Playing at Casinos
- Best Football Games To Watch In October
- Kai Havertz performance for Germany hints at Chelsea revival
- Liverpool handed big boost as Mohamed Salah to return early from international duty
- Liverpool will have to pay a huge €60m for highly-rated Brazilian midfielder
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’