Members of staff at the club along with some players tested positive for the virus and have been isolated.
The remaining players were taken off group training and placed in individual non-contact sessions.
The positive CPR tests came back over the weekend after their win against Norwich City.
United completely shut down operations at Carrington the next day to prevent any further spread.
The club then asked the Premier League to postpone their game against Brentford on Tuesday night.
The match has been postponed, and both clubs have apologised to their fans.
Elsewhere, Aston Villa reported over the weekend that a first-team player and one staff member had returned positive CPR tests.
However, the club reported yesterday that another positive case has been added to the list.
The club cancelled training to prevent any further spread.
Their next game is against Norwich tonight, with the Premier League yet to announce if the game will be postponed.
The Omicron variant of coronavirus has well and truly brought the third wave to several countries in Europe.
42 players and members in the Premier League have tested positive in the last week alone.
The Premier League’s decision to cancel the United vs Brentford game was a smart move.
The same should be done for the game between Villa and Norwich.
The wave is gathering pace by the day and should be dealt with immediately with emergency protocols rather than wait for the inevitable to happen.
As observed over the last several months, COVID-19 peaks and troughs rather rapidly, meaning if the Premier League exercises caution we could avoid total anarchy.
It all now depends on how closely the FA, Premier League and the British government can work and optimise the best way to move forward.
- Kai Havertz performance for Germany hints at Chelsea revival
- Liverpool handed big boost as Mohamed Salah to return early from international duty
- Liverpool will have to pay a huge €60m for highly-rated Brazilian midfielder
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’
- Who is Arsenal wonderkid Ethan Nwaneri who recently made Premier League history?
- Brentford vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs RB Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups