Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice against Arsenal last night to help Manchester United secure a 3-2 win.
He scored his 800th and 801st goals in the process at Old Trafford.
In doing so, Ronaldo became the first player ever to score 800 top-level career goals.
He has taken 1,097 games to achieve this feat.
His goal tally reads – 450 for Real Madrid, 130 for United, 115 for Portugal, 101 for Juventus and five for Sporting Lisbon.
Ronaldo has won five Ballon d’Or awards, four European Golden Shoes and is likely to challenge for more in the near future.
He is also the highest scorer in the history of the Champions League, the highest scorer in international football and the highest scorer in the history of Real Madrid.
He has scored 12 goals in 18 games for United this season.
Ronaldo has been correctly dubbed by many people as the scoring machine of football.
He scores wherever he goes and whoever he plays for.
Ronaldo has proven his goalscoring mettle twice in England, once in Italy and for ten years in Spain.
While comparison with Lionel Messi brings into debate the matter of the best footballer, there is little to question who the greater goalscorer is.
Ronaldo’s ability to adapt to the game is another key factor in his sustained success in front of goal.
Known to be a speed demon at one point, the 36-year-old has adjusted his game to keep up his scoring streak.
Great players come once in a generation, but legends of the game stay immortal.
Ronaldo is one of the biggest legends in football.
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Tunisia thrash Mauritania, late drama for Ivory Coast, defending champions Algeria on the brink
- Hazard in Real Madrid limbo as medical team suggests surgery but Perez insists on sale
- Barcelona, Bayern Munich leading race to sign Chelsea star, claims Fabrizio Romano
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Nigeria qualify for the knockout stage, Salah volley gives Egypt three points, VAR decides Gambia-Mali match
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Morocco qualify for the knockout stage, Malawi secure surprise win, Ghana on the brink after frustrating draw