Manchester United have started talks with former Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane.
The Red Devils are reportedly considering appointing Zidane at Old Trafford, according to the Times.
Zidane has been out of work since leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season.
Another name that has popped up is Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has come under scrutiny after United’s recent defeats against Liverpool and Manchester City.
United are currently sixth in the Premier League, have been knocked out of the Carabao Cup and lost six games this season.
Solskjaer has assembled an expensive team but is failing to get the best out of his players.
Amongst the available managers, Zidane is perhaps the most credible choice thanks to his success with Madrid.
However, the Premier League is a tough competition, and Zidane would need time to adjust.
He is also likely to want a few signings of his own before he could deliver success for the club.
If he is appointed, United may need to wait before success comes their way.
On that basis, Rodgers may be a more sensible appointment.
He is familiar with the Premier League and has shown his ability to work with a smaller budget.
Rodgers has a higher chance of delivering faster results – something United desperately need at the moment.
Read Also: Chelsea targeting Matthijs de Ligt and two more big name signings in January.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win