Chelsea are working hard behind the scenes to sign Matthijs de Ligt from Juventus in January, according to Marca.
They are also reportedly keen to bring in Jules Kounde from Sevilla and Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne.
Insigne’s contract expires at the end of the season, but the Blues are keen to pick up the forward in January.
Chelsea are also eager to sign Kounde and de Ligt to replace Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.
Both Christensen and Rudiger are in the final year of their contracts, and extensions are looking increasingly difficult.
There still appears to be some hope with Christensen, but Rudiger is more likely to leave the club and join Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.
The addition of Insigne would be a good move for Chelsea.
A player of his calibre would provide healthy competition to an already stacked front line.
However, the additions of Kounde and de Ligt may destabilise Chelsea’s defence.
While both players are individually talented footballers, Chelsea have got good chemistry at the back which is instrumental to their success.
Losing two integral players in Rudiger and Christensen could prove to be a mistake for the Blues.
- India handed the edge ahead of the final day after Will Young loses wicket in bizarre fashion
- Who will win the 2021 Ballon d’Or?
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals his stance on possible January exit
- Michael Vaughan denies racist allegations in Yorkshire case, tells Azeem Rafiq to ‘move on’ & apologises for racist tweets
- Real Madrid make final decision on potential Paul Pogba transfer