Chelsea are working hard behind the scenes to sign Matthijs de Ligt from Juventus in January, according to Marca.
They are also reportedly keen to bring in Jules Kounde from Sevilla and Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne.
Insigne’s contract expires at the end of the season, but the Blues are keen to pick up the forward in January.
Chelsea are also eager to sign Kounde and de Ligt to replace Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger.
Both Christensen and Rudiger are in the final year of their contracts, and extensions are looking increasingly difficult.
There still appears to be some hope with Christensen, but Rudiger is more likely to leave the club and join Bayern Munich or Real Madrid.
The addition of Insigne would be a good move for Chelsea.
A player of his calibre would provide healthy competition to an already stacked front line.
However, the additions of Kounde and de Ligt may destabilise Chelsea’s defence.
While both players are individually talented footballers, Chelsea have got good chemistry at the back which is instrumental to their success.
Losing two integral players in Rudiger and Christensen could prove to be a mistake for the Blues.
Read Also: Conor Gallagher earns maiden England call for crunch World Cup Qualifier.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win