Jamie Carragher has told Liverpool to resolve Mohamed Salah’s contract situation quickly.
The Egyptian forward’s current deal at Anfield expires in 2023.
Carragher thinks that Salah is one of the best players in the world at the moment and can perform at the top level for several more years.
With that in mind, Carragher told Sky Sports that Liverpool must not risk losing him for free.
The 29-year-old produced a dazzling performance against Manchester City yesterday.
He assisted Sadio Mane for the opening goal before adding a world-class second to earn Liverpool a 2-2 draw at Anfield.
Salah will be 31 by the time his current contract expires.
The Egyptian will know that his next deal will be his chance to secure a bumper payday.
Keeping him at the club would guarantee the Reds over 20 goals a season for the next few years.
Assuming their financial issues are resolved, the La Liga giants could make Salah an offer he can’t refuse.
On that basis, Carragher is absolutely right to warn Liverpool about Salah’s future.
He is an asset they cannot afford to lose, and they must offer him a bumper contract.
As things stand, the player holds all the aces and Liverpool may find it difficult to meet his demands.
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title