The England captain was linked with a move to the blue half of Manchester, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy refused to sell him for under £150 million.
City reportedly made several bids to sign the striker, but the move failed to come to fruition.
Other clubs held their breath in anticipation and anxiety over the Kane saga.
The possibility of one of the world’s best strikers joining an elite European club under Pep Guardiola’s guidance could have made City impossible to stop.
He said: “No, I was not scared, but if it had happened, I would have been very interested in how maybe it would have changed Manchester City’s style of playing.”
Kane has become one of the best strikers in the game over the last decade.
He has the ability to hold up the ball, create goals, shoot with either foot, run at defenders and is great in the air.
His goalscoring exploits have seen him win the Golden Ball award in the Premier League on several occasions.
The prospect of Kane joining City would have been daunting for their rivals.
City play a possession-based style of football under Guardiola.
They have world-class creators in Kevin De Bruyne, Phil Foden, Riyad Mahrez, Bernardo Silva and Jack Grealish to name a few.
Having a number nine like Kane ahead of them to bury the chances would potentially have made City unstoppable.
Even if Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining the Cityzens, he will probably be glad that the move did not go through.
Read Also: Petr Cech reveals how Tuchel has united Chelsea.
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’
- Who is Arsenal wonderkid Ethan Nwaneri who recently made Premier League history?
- Brentford vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs RB Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sporting Lisbon vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal players excluded, Manchester United and Liverpool stars called up to Brazil squad