Chelsea broke the bank to sign Romelu Lukaku this summer.
The Blues signed the Belgian forward for £97.5 million from Inter Milan to address their goalscoring issues.
Lukaku has been in hot form over the last couple of seasons for club and country.
He has carried that momentum over to Chelsea, scoring three goals in his first three games for the club.
Ahead of their opening match in the Champions League, Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel spoke about Lukaku (per the club’s YouTube channel).
He said: “He dreamt about it since being a little boy, and now he has the opportunity to come back as the number nine, the go-to guy up front, and be the one to help the team with goals.
“He’s not shy of speaking out loud, so we are very lucky that we can share the experience with him because he’s a nice guy and a tough competitor.
“We all know how important it is to have a good start for strikers and to not wait too long for their goals, so we’re very happy that he helps us with goals, and he has this experience so early in the season.
“Hopefully, he can continue tomorrow to score and be decisive for us.
Chelsea have made a bright start to the new season, winning three of their four league games.
Their only draw of the season came against Liverpool at Anfield.
They have been clinical in front of goal, and Lukaku has been central to the change in dynamic.
Chelsea splurged upwards of £200m last summer to revamp the squad.
While most new additions gelled under Tuchel to win the Champions League, their lack of goalscoring prowess cost them on occasions.
Timo Werner is yet to find his shooting boots in a Chelsea shirt, but Lukaku has stepped in seamlessly.
The Belgian striker has developed into one of the most fearsome strikers in Europe since leaving Manchester United in 2019.
His ability to hold the ball, run behind defenders, compete physically and find space in the box makes him an ideal modern-day number nine.
With a plethora of creative attacking stars around him at Chelsea, the former Inter Milan star may prove to be unstoppable this season.
His goalscoring ability seems to be the missing piece in the jigsaw that will help Chelsea push for the Premier League title.
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview