The Reds had a quiet transfer window this summer, with defender Ibrahima Konate their only major acquisition.
Reports suggest that Liverpool are keen to sign Bellingham, who has impressed since joining Dortmund from Birmingham City last year.
He has already made 51 appearances for the club and was selected for England’s European Championship squad.
Liverpool will have to spend a club-record £80 million to sign the teenage midfielder.
Liverpool have created a good squad under Jurgen Klopp over the last few years.
However, there comes a time when every club needs an injection of new blood.
The overdependence on Virgil Van Dijk and Momahed Salah and a drop off in the performances of Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane demonstrate why the Reds need to improve their squad.
The decision not to replace Georginio Wijnaldum has also put Klopp’s team in a precarious position this season.
While they may well be able to navigate their way through another campaign, there is little doubt that Liverpool need serious reinforcements.
The weakest link at the moment is midfield, particularly following Wijnaldum’s exit.
With Jordan Henderson not getting any younger and Thiago Alcantara failing to make an impact, Liverpool are short of a marquee player in the middle of the park.
The hallmark of a Jurgen Klopp team is energy in midfield.
Having played under the high-tempo system at Dortmund, Bellingham would be an ideal fit for Liverpool.
He could become a pivotal player over the coming years, and the Reds should do what it takes to secure his services.
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’
- Who is Arsenal wonderkid Ethan Nwaneri who recently made Premier League history?
- Brentford vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs RB Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sporting Lisbon vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal players excluded, Manchester United and Liverpool stars called up to Brazil squad