Although there’s still a long way to go in the 2021 Major League Soccer season, some sides have already demonstrated they are title-winning materials.
Let’s take a look at home things could play out in MLS this season.
Sporting Kansas City look to be heading towards their third top-place finish in the Western Conference in four years, having picked up some steam following a tumultuous period.
Seattle Sounders, the favourites in football odds around the MLS, have finished Western Conference runners-up in each of the last four seasons and are in the running for a top place as they remain the only team in this section yet to taste MLS defeat this term.
Joining the leading duo in the MLS play-offs should be both Los Angeles outfits, even though neither Galaxy nor FC managed to live up to expectations so far.
Since making their MLS debut in 2016, Portland Timbers have progressed into the play-offs in all five seasons and should maintain that record despite blowing hot and cold this term.
After making it out of the regular season in 2020, Colorado Rapids are also on the verge of claiming a top-seven finish in the Western Conference.
Last but not least, Minnesota United are among the genuine candidates to reach the play-offs despite their indifferent form at the beginning of the 2021 campaign.
New England Revolution have hit the ground running in the Eastern Conference and are on the cusp of breaking into the MLS play-offs already.
Though they’d like to nail a top place in this division for the first time, Revolution will have to be wary of the likes of Orlando City and Philadephia Union.
Orlando are still waiting for star forward Alexandre Pato to recover from a long-term injury and help to improve a paltry scoring return.
New York City have bounced back from a sluggish start to the season and are currently the front-runners in the MLS Cup title race, per FiveThirtyEight.
Nashville SC’s second MLS season is likely to see them through to the play-offs, though they have only outside chances of lifting the crown.
Who will win MLS Cup in 2021?
Making predictions about a potential winner this early in the season can be a fool’s errand, but it looks like Seattle and New York City might be going head-to-head for the title.
While the Sounders know in-depth about conquering the competition, having racked up two titles in the last five years, the Pigeons are still seeking their first MLS crown.
Our Pick: Seattle Sounders
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title