Gremio president Romildo Bolzan has stressed that the club won’t consider the sale of Pepe amid the high-profile interest from several European teams.
The Brazilian Serie A outfit recently parted ways with influential winger Everton Soares, who made the switch to Benfica for a reported fee of around £18m.
Pepe has taken up the left-wing position following Soares’ departure and Romildo has now stated that the club won’t entertain any offers for the 23-year-old forward.
“Pepe will not leave,” He simply told.
Pepe can be regarded as a late bloomer, considering he has only started playing regular competitive football over the past year. He bagged eight goals and three assists from 33 appearances in the Serie A last term, but half of those outings came off the bench.
In the current campaign, he has registered three goals and one assist from eight outings and has been a guaranteed starter on the left wing when fit, given he no longer has to face stiff competition from Soares.
Meanwhile, Gremio have finished fourth in the league standings in each of the previous three campaigns, but they have struggled during the opening half of the current season.
The Porto Alegre-based outfit are stranded in the 15th spot on the table after 12 matches and they are just a couple of points ahead of the relegation places.
They have gone winless for four games on the bounce, but will be hoping to return to winning ways when they host 18th-placed Coritiba on Wednesday night.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?