The representative of Gonzalo Higuain is scheduled to hold talks with Juventus over the potential release of the Argentine, reputed journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed.
Towards the end of last month, FIFA.com reporter Abdellah Boulma claimed that Miami were in advanced talks for the striker’s services and Romano has now revealed that the 33-year-old has received an important offer from the California-based club.
Higuain has yet to decide on his next move, but his agent and brother Nicolas has made the trip to Italy to negotiate the release from his Bianconeri contract, which expires in less than 10 months’ time.
Higuain joined the Bianconeri from Napoli four years ago for a then-club-record fee and made his mark during the first two seasons with 32 and 23 goals respectively.
However, the high-profile arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid paved the way for his departure on a temporary basis for the 2018/19 campaign where he spent time with both AC Milan and Chelsea.
He managed only 13 goals during his time with both clubs and was still handed a reprieve by the Serie A holders last season after former Napoli and Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri took charge as the new head coach from Massimiliano Allegri.
The Argentine struggled for consistency over the course of the campaign with just 11 goals across all competitions and he is now expected to leave the club with Pirlo, who replaced Sarri at the helm, stating that it is the right time to move on.
Should Higuain move to Inter Miami, he could provide an instant upgrade in their attack which has managed just eight goals from the opening 10 matches of their inaugural Major League Soccer season.
They are currently 13th in the Eastern Conference with just two wins under their belt, but still have a genuine chance of making the Cup play-offs, considering the top-six teams will directly qualify while the teams from 7th to 10th will compete for the remaining two play-off positions.
The David Beckham-owned franchise recently landed the signature of Blaise Matuidi after he mutually parted ways with the Bianconeri and Higuain could be reunited with his former teammate, once his representative can negotiate his release from Juventus.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview