Brazilian heavyweights Corinthians have announced a 20-year stadium naming rights agreement with Neo Química worth an estimated £42.2m (R$300m).
The Pharmaceutical company have agreed to pay the fee in yearly instalments to the Sao Paolo outfit and the club’s stadium will now be renamed as the Neo Química Arena.
It is the first naming rights deal for their 49,000 capacity ground, which was officially inaugurated as the Arena Corinthians in 2014 when they made the switch from their iconic Pacaembu stadium.
According to SportsProMedia, the money gained from the sponsorship is expected to be invested back into the stadium as they look to repay the £74.6m (R$530m) loan taken from Spanish bank Caixa.
Neo Química are also in negotiations over a separate shirt sponsorship deal with Corinthians, who are in a tight financial situation after registering record losses of £26.1m last term.
Corinthians, who recently celebrated their 110th anniversary, have made a decent beginning to the 2020/21 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A campaign with eight points from six matches.
Tiago Nunes’ side are currently ninth in the standings with an eight-point deficit to table-toppers Internacional. They will play their first game at the newly-named stadium against Botafogo on September 5.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win