The 27-year-old parted ways with Seattle Sounders to join Tottenham Hotspur in January 2015, but he made only one appearance during the backend of the season.
In the campaign which followed, he was loaned out to Sunderland, where he made 25 appearances, 23 of which came in the Premier League as they avoided relegation in the penultimate matchday.
Thereafter, he was sold by Spurs to the Magpies on a permanent basis in August 2016 and he has remained contracted to the club ever since with 115 appearances to his name.
Yedlin currently has under 12 months remaining on his contract with the Tyneside outfit and it appears that there have been no negotiations over a possible renewal beyond next season.
Hence, he could be on the move this summer and it is reported that he could return to Major League Soccer, where he built his reputation with Sounders between 2013 and 2014.
Still, a deal remains complicated, considering he would need to be assigned as a Designated Player with the transfer fees and wages involved in luring back to the United States.
Yedlin is currently in the Allocation List which includes national team and youth players, who were transferred to a non-MLS club for a transfer sum of more than $500,000.
FC Cincinnati have the priority in the Allocation Order and any other team wishing to sign him, must trade with the Eastern Conference outfit for the number one spot.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Memsie Stakes – A Look at the Past Winners
- Five League Cup matches to watch this week
- Preview: Chelsea vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Arsenal vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Aston Villa eye Europa Conference League success after impressive 2022-23 season
- Could Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City Go Unbeaten This Season?
- Chelsea starlet agrees new contract ahead of potential January exit
- West Ham eye another European trophy after Conference League success last season
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?