According to Globo Esporte, Benfica have made initial contact with Gremio regarding a possible summer move for Everton Soares.
The Portuguese outfit recently reappointed Jorge Jesus as their head coach and the 66-year-old is said to be keen on reinforcing the attack.
Everton has been identified as one of the club’s targets and it appears that they have opened talks with Gremio through an intermediary.
The 24-year-old has spent his entire career with Gremio and he has bagged 47 goals and 17 assists from 179 appearances in all competitions.
He currently has a release clause worth €120m, but it is reported that he could be available between €25m and €30m amid the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Still, the Primeira Liga outfit have a battle on their hands to lure the winger, given they face competition from several European sides including Napoli, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan.
Everton is regarded as one of Brazil’s best wingers and he has already represented the national team on 14 occasions. He was the top scorer at last summer’s Copa America which Brazil won.
He is capable of playing in either of the wide attacking positions or as a centre-forward, but has predominantly featured in the left-wing role for Renato Gaucho’s side.
Napoli were touted to sign the 24-year-old earlier in June, but there was a disagreement regarding the personal terms. They have been fancied to make a fresh approach.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win