The Portuguese outfit recently reappointed Jorge Jesus as their head coach and the 66-year-old is said to be keen on reinforcing the attack.
Everton has been identified as one of the club’s targets and it appears that they have opened talks with Gremio through an intermediary.
The 24-year-old has spent his entire career with Gremio and he has bagged 47 goals and 17 assists from 179 appearances in all competitions.
He currently has a release clause worth €120m, but it is reported that he could be available between €25m and €30m amid the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Still, the Primeira Liga outfit have a battle on their hands to lure the winger, given they face competition from several European sides including Napoli, Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan.
Everton is regarded as one of Brazil’s best wingers and he has already represented the national team on 14 occasions. He was the top scorer at last summer’s Copa America which Brazil won.
He is capable of playing in either of the wide attacking positions or as a centre-forward, but has predominantly featured in the left-wing role for Renato Gaucho’s side.
Napoli were touted to sign the 24-year-old earlier in June, but there was a disagreement regarding the personal terms. They have been fancied to make a fresh approach.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title