Sporting Kansas City teenager Gianluca Busio is drawing the attention from three Serie A clubs ahead of this summer’s transfer window, ESPN’s Taylor Twellman has claimed.
Earlier on Friday, Twellman revealed through Twitter that the young midfielder is being closely monitored by three Italian top-flight clubs at the MLS is Back Tournament, in addition to a Dutch side.
He added on Saturday that Fiorentina had failed with a $4m offer for the USA youth international in January and also revealed the interest from Juventus and AC Milan.
Here are his tweets..
The teenager made his debut at the age of 16 for Kansas during the 2018 Major League Soccer season and he has since accumulated another 37 appearances for the club across all competitions.
Out of those, 26 outings came during the 2019 campaign where he featured in 22 league games. He was able to make the starting lineup on 10 occasions while contributing three goals and one assist.
So far, he has been restricted to a couple of cameo appearances off the bench in the MLS is Back Tournament, and it will be interesting to see whether he will make the switch to Europe during the summer.
Aside from the Serie A trio, Twellman did not disclose the Dutch team, but Voetbal Primeur has claimed that Feyenoord are currently competing for the teenager’s signature.
It has been specifically mentioned that the Eredivisie outfit have been tracking his displays since his debut two years ago and could make a transfer offer of their own.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- India handed the edge ahead of the final day after Will Young loses wicket in bizarre fashion
- Who will win the 2021 Ballon d’Or?
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals his stance on possible January exit
- Michael Vaughan denies racist allegations in Yorkshire case, tells Azeem Rafiq to ‘move on’ & apologises for racist tweets
- Real Madrid make final decision on potential Paul Pogba transfer