Sporting Kansas City teenager Gianluca Busio is drawing the attention from three Serie A clubs ahead of this summer’s transfer window, ESPN’s Taylor Twellman has claimed.
Earlier on Friday, Twellman revealed through Twitter that the young midfielder is being closely monitored by three Italian top-flight clubs at the MLS is Back Tournament, in addition to a Dutch side.
He added on Saturday that Fiorentina had failed with a $4m offer for the USA youth international in January and also revealed the interest from Juventus and AC Milan.
Here are his tweets..
The teenager made his debut at the age of 16 for Kansas during the 2018 Major League Soccer season and he has since accumulated another 37 appearances for the club across all competitions.
Out of those, 26 outings came during the 2019 campaign where he featured in 22 league games. He was able to make the starting lineup on 10 occasions while contributing three goals and one assist.
So far, he has been restricted to a couple of cameo appearances off the bench in the MLS is Back Tournament, and it will be interesting to see whether he will make the switch to Europe during the summer.
Aside from the Serie A trio, Twellman did not disclose the Dutch team, but Voetbal Primeur has claimed that Feyenoord are currently competing for the teenager’s signature.
It has been specifically mentioned that the Eredivisie outfit have been tracking his displays since his debut two years ago and could make a transfer offer of their own.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win