According to The Telegraph, Chelsea attacker Willian is understood to have snubbed a lucrative contract offer from Major League Soccer side Inter Miami.
The Brazil international has been a consistent performer for the Blues over the past seven seasons and he has accumulated 63 goals and 62 assists from 336 appearances across all competitions.
He is currently enjoying his best-ever return with 11 goals and nine assists from 44 outings, but it is uncertain whether he will remain with the Blues beyond next month.
So far, the west London side have not reluctant to meet his demands for a three-year deal and it appears that he could head for the exit door following their Champions League campaign.
Amidst this, Inter Miami are said to have proposed a three-year deal worth $100,000-a-week, but Willian has snubbed the offer as he wants to prolong his career in Europe for a couple of more years.
Tottenham, who are managed by former Blues boss Jose Mourinho are said to be the favourites to land his signature, given Willian shares a close bond with the Portuguese.
Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal have also been credited with an interest in the former Shakhtar Donetsk man. The Gunners are hoping to lure the forward with the influence of compatriot David Luiz with whom he co-owns a restaurant in the English capital.
Inter Miami are currently in their debut year in Major League Soccer. They are yet to pick up a point, having suffered defeats in their three matches played to date.
The Florida-based outfit suffered losses in successive matches in the regular season before the COVID-19 shutdown. They have since been beaten by rivals Orlando City in the opening game of the MLS is Back Tournament.
Miami appeared on course to pick up a hard-fought 1-1 draw against Orlando at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex, but Nani denied them the point with a dramatic 97th-minute winner.
The David Beckham co-owned franchise are currently on the lookout for marquee players to strengthen the squad, but it seems that Willian won’t consider a move to the Eastern Conference side anytime soon.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win