Major League Soccer side Atlanta United have confirmed the signing of Mexican winger Jurgen Damm on a free transfer following the expiry of his contract with Liga MX side Tigres.
The 27-year-old has made the move to Major League Soccer after five seasons with Tigres, where he registered 13 goals and 23 assists from 172 appearances in all competitions.
Damm has taken up the international spot which was recently vacated by the departure of Brazilian midfielder Luis Fernando, but he won’t officially join the club until after the MLS is Back Tournament.
The upcoming 26-team tournament is being played in a ‘bubble environment’ at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando and therefore Damm won’t be able to even train with his new teammates.
Damm, who is a full international with Mexico, is capable of playing in both the left and right wing positions. He was linked with a potential move to the Bundesliga earlier in his career, but a deal failed to materialise due to the high release clause on his contract.
In recent seasons, he has seen limited playing time, partly due to injuries and he will be hoping to revive his career in Major League Soccer. The former Pachuca star could combine with Pity Martinez and Josef Martinez in the attack, potentially from the left-wing position.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- India handed the edge ahead of the final day after Will Young loses wicket in bizarre fashion
- Who will win the 2021 Ballon d’Or?
- Arsenal forward Alexandre Lacazette reveals his stance on possible January exit
- Michael Vaughan denies racist allegations in Yorkshire case, tells Azeem Rafiq to ‘move on’ & apologises for racist tweets
- Real Madrid make final decision on potential Paul Pogba transfer