Boca Juniors star Carlos Tevez has said that he is open to the possibility of playing for either West Ham United or Corinthians before stepping down from the game.
The 36-year-old has previously featured for the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus in a trophy-laden career, but he is still fondly remembered for his solitary season with the Hammers.
During the 2006/07 campaign, Tevez bagged seven goals and four assists from 27 league outings for the east London outfit, but all of his contributions came between March and May of 2017 as the club made a miraculous relegation escape.
The Hammers won seven of their final nine league games of the season and Tevez was the main architect in the sublime turnaround. He scored the winner in the shock 1-0 win at champions Manchester United on Matchday 38 which ensured the club’s top-flight status for another year.
Speaking to Radio La Red, Tevez said that he is undecided regarding his future at Boca with his contract due to expire at the end of the month. He added that he would prefer to make a short-term comeback with the Hammers in Europe or stay in Argentina with ex-club Corinthians.
“If you tell me from Europe to go play, I would go to West Ham. Even if it is six months to be applauded. Or spend six months at Corinthians. I won’t rule anything out because I don’t want to be a slave to my words,” He told the radio station.
At the age of 36, Tevez may struggle to cope with the physical demands of the Premier League. A section of the Hammers supporters would definitely want to see the sight of him playing for the club again, but the hierarchy may have other plans in mind, given they are aiming to compete for European football in the long-term.
At the present point of time, David Moyes’ side are facing the threat of relegation from the Premier League. The Hammers have struggled to pick up regular points despite the talented squad at their disposal and they are currently separated from the drop zone by virtue of only goal difference with seven more games to play in the season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Premier League Matchday 22 Predictions & How to Watch
- Everton confirm Sean Dyche as their new manager
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview