Ronaldo turned 35 earlier this year, but he has shown no signs of slowing down and has contributed 26 goals and four assists for Juventus during the ongoing campaign.
The Portugal international has another two years remaining on his Bianconeri contract and the chances are very high that he will continue to stay committed to the Serie A holders.
The former Real Madrid star has not provided any hint that he could consider a fresh challenge away from the Serie A anytime soon, but Nani has revealed that his countrymate has previously talked to him about the prospect of playing in the United States.
“A couple of years ago, he told me that he will probably end up in America. It’s not 100 per cent but probably. There is a chance,” He told.
“It is a great league. Obviously there are points where we must improve as a league, even in the quality of the players.
“I think we all have the conditions in this league. We are in a great country. It is all about being better, not being afraid to improve.”
Major League Soccer has seen a steady improvement over the years with the quality of foreign players joining the different clubs, but the league remains far from the standard of Europe’s top divisions.
With Ronaldo still at the peak of his powers, he may not consider a move away from Europe in the near future and it may be an option for him before calling quits on his playing career.
13 years ago, David Beckham enhanced the reputation of Major League Soccer with the switch to LA Galaxy from Real Madrid. Ronaldo should definitely have a greater impact on the game in the country, suppose he decides to take up the challenge.
For now, Ronaldo remains committed to the Bianconeri, who are aiming to win the Scudetto for the ninth season on the bounce. The club recently faced disappointment with the Coppa Italia final defeat to Napoli on penalties and there will be eager to make up by winning the league.
Lazio are currently their main challengers with just a four-point gap behind them with a game in hand. The capital outfit are unbeaten since September with 16 wins from 18 games and the Bianconeri will need to work for the title, given they still have to face Simone Inzaghi’s side at home.
Meanwhile, the Turin giants are trailing Lyon by a 1-0 aggregate score after the first leg of the round of 16 of the Champions League on the road. They are set to play the second leg when the competition recommences in August after the COVID-19 break.
Ronaldo will definitely be key to their European title prospects, given his exceptional scoring record in the knockout phase of the Champions League. He has bagged a staggering 65 goals over the years following the group stage of the premier competition.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Arsene Wenger thinks Arsenal have a good chance of lifting Premier League trophy
- Chelsea dismiss commercial director after just two weeks over ‘inappropriate messages’
- Who is Arsenal wonderkid Ethan Nwaneri who recently made Premier League history?
- Brentford vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sheriff Tiraspol vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs RB Salzburg Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Sporting Lisbon vs Tottenham Hotspur Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal players excluded, Manchester United and Liverpool stars called up to Brazil squad