The 2017-18 Premier League title race could end up being one of the most one sided title races in Premier League history.
Manchester City have taken a massive 13 point lead at the top of the Premier League table having played a game less. This goes to show the manner of their dominance this season under Pep Guardiola.
It is their title to lose, and it will need a miraculous effort to throw away such a huge lead from this position. In fact, it is safe to say none of the chasing teams consider themselves to be a part of ‘title race’ any more.
If anything, they are playing for the second position that will give them a straight entry into the Champions League group stages next season.
Manchester United are currently occupying the second spot with 59 points, followed by Liverpool with 57, and Tottenham at 55. Chelsea are six points behind United, and their priority will be to get into the top four rather than aiming higher.
The Red Devils are yet to face Liverpool, Manchester City and Arsenal in their remaining fixtures. Plus, they have the FA Cup and the Champions League fixtures as well.
Jose Mourinho would love to add one trophy at his new club, and the FA Cup could be a realistic target given the likes of City and Liverpool have been already eliminated.
Liverpool have some tough fixtures as well. They play Chelsea on the penultimate week of the Premier League and it could prove to be a tough game especially if the Blues remain in the top four hunt.
Spurs will face Chelsea away and Manchester City at home and those two games could determine their final league position.
Having said that, with no FA Cup to focus on, Liverpool have a slight advantage over other rivals to grab the second spot.
- World Cup Final 8: Teams & Predictions
- Man Utd’s Winter friendlies – dates, players available & how to watch
- Five Players to Watch at the 2022 World Cup
- Top Football Live Streams to Watch the UEFA Champions League
- Manchester City vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Aston Villa vs Manchester United – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Fulham Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Arsenal vs FC Zurich Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Chelsea vs Dinamo Zagreb Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups