Chelsea are on the hunt for a new kit supplier after confirming there are terminating their deal with Adidas six years early.
The split at the end of next season is said to be by mutual consent, although the London club is thought to have become disillusioned at the level of support they’ve received from Adidas.
The sportswear giant currently has deals with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus, and the Stamford Bridge club believe those clubs have been promoted more intensively.
Chelsea’s deal was worth $43.4 million per year, compared to Unitedís $108.44m contract. They have agreed a $57.8m severance package with Adidas.
The Blues are understood to want $72.3m per year for their replacement deal, but this is unlikely to put off would-be suitors.
Nike, who are currently in talks with Tottenham Hotspur about a shirt deal, have been without a London club since parting ways with Arsenal a couple of years ago.
Japanese firm Uniqlo could also be interested, with Chelsea’s $57.8-a-year shirt sponsorship with Yokohama an obvious attraction for a possible future link-up.
Under Armour may also be an option, especially if Spurs sign with Nike, although they have just signed a seven-year agreement with Southampton.
Liverpool kit suppliers New Balance are new to the Premier League scene, but the opportunity to tie up one of Europe’s biggest clubs could be too good to pass up.
Chelsea had a deal with English manufacturer Umbro from 1987 to 2006, during which time they won two Premier League titles.
Puma provided the title-winning kits for Leicester City this season, although their current deal with Arsenal may be a problem for Chelsea’s decision-makers.
With Antonio Conte set to take over as the club’s new boss this summer, Italian company Kappa may fancy their chances of securing a deal.
They previously supplied Manchester City back in the 1990s, but currently only have deals with Championship clubs Leeds United and Wigan Athletic in the English leagues.
- Babar Azam wins ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year award
- FA Cup Fourth Round Predictions and how to watch
- Chelsea reignite interest in Everton star Anthony Gordon
- Carabao Cup semi-finals Preview – Prediction & how to watch
- PSL 8 Live Streaming, TV Channels, Schedule, Squads & Preview
- Chelsea vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Premier League: Aston Villa vs Liverpool Preview
- Carabao Cup Quarter-Final draw: Manchester United face Charlton, City take on Southampton
- How much money will Arsenal and Chelsea receive in FIFA club payments from World Cup