Take one Super Bowl champion and an NBA legend, throw in a dozen eggs – eight hard-boiled and four raw – and what do you get?
Wednesday night’s ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ on NBC provided the answer as Denver Broncos’ quarterback Peyton Manning took on Los Angeles Lakers’ Hall-of-Famer Magic Johnson in a game of ‘egg Russian roulette’.
The first contestant to smash two raw eggs on his own head was the loser. It’s unlikely we’ll ever see the game become a professional sport, but it’s certainly entertaining.
Manning also had fun with his younger brother Eli’s ‘sad face’ after Denver’s late touchdown had secured their 24-10 Super Bowl 50 victory against the Carolina Panthers.
While the rest of the family celebrated wildly, Eli looked less than pleased.
Peyton told Fallon Eli had his game face on: “Eli and I have always supported each other,” he said. “I think Eli was analyzing the game and kind of into the game like I would be as if he were playing it. And so he was just as happy.”
Fallon brought out a life-sized cut-out of the New York Giants quarterback, and Peyton proceeded to have a great deal of fun at his brother’s expense.
“It’s funny, when I saw that clip, Jimmy, I’ve seen that look before. I’ve recognized it. At other big moments in my life he kind of had that similar expression,” Peyton said.
Check out the video for two minutes of very funny television.
- Declan Rice move would break Arsenal’s transfer record
- Who would replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Best Soccer Games To Watch In June 2023
- The Week in Sport: Bayern Munich and PSG win league titles, Verstappen wins in Monaco
- The Week in Sport: Manchester City win third Premier League league title in a row, Dortmund one win away from first Bundesliga League title since 2012
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Hull tips Ovechkin to overhaul Gretzky’s goal record
- The Week in Sport: Barcelona win La Liga, City close in on third successive Premier League title
- Who will win the Premier League top-four race?
- The Week in Sport: Real Madrid win Copa Del Ray, Verstappen storm to Miami win