Tyson Fury has fired a warning to world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, showing his brute force by crushing a watermelon on his head. Fury, who faces the Ukrainian in Dusseldorf on November 28, appeared in a comical video posted on his Twitter.
— Gypsy King (@Tyson_Fury) November 11, 2015
The 27-year-old roars towards the camera before splitting the ‘funny sized’ fruit with a headbutt. Fury takes a bite out of the watermelon and captioned the video – “This is for u wlad @klitschko I’m coming for you!”
The undefeated Brit appears full of confidence despite the task at hand in Germany.
“It’s quite shocking the state of @Klitschko mind set,” Fury tweeted. I’ve never come across a weaker minded person in all my days, I’ll play with the champ.”
Klitschko seems unfazed by Fury’s antics, saying he believes Fury will be predictable in the ring.
“I’ve been checking his record and the opponents are not very impressive,” said Klitschko. “I’ve also been watching him a lot and although he is unpredictable in some ways, I’ve worked out all that he does and he will be predictable in the fight to me.
“He is unbeaten which gives a big ego but he is losing the ground under his feet.”
The multiple world heavyweight champion has his own warning for Fury: “Sometimes a fighter can be quiet but then be dangerous on the night – sometimes they talk a lot but then do nothing in the fight,” he said.
Fury recently made several bizarre and unfounded allegations about Klitschko in an interview with a British newspaper, expressing some controversial views.
“Goliath was a champion, a monster who had never been beaten, and then this young guy, David, came forward, a child who believed in God and did it,” said Fury.
“God gave him the power. What was right will always prevail over wrong. Good will always prevail over evil. I see that in me versus Klitschko.
“To be honest with you, I know Klitschko is a devil-worshipper. They are involved in bigger circles and stuff like that and they do magic tricks and whatever. You can go on YouTube and watch them playing with magic.”
Fury’s extraordinary outburst continued: “It ain’t going to happen. He can’t beat me now. Now I know what he is ó a devil-worshipper ó I know he has no chance of beating me. God will not let him defeat me, not at all. I am almost a thousand per cent certain that he cannot beat me.”
Klitschko was shocked by Fury’s behaviour: “He is bipolar. He has mental issues for sure. Some comments that come out of his mouth do not work well with me. I’m not commenting on some of them. I will answer those with my fists in the ring, the way I have done many times before.
“I have stopped being surprised by Tyson Fury. He is bizarre.”
- Pro Picks: Analyzing and Applying NBA Tips from the Ladbrokes Blog
- Tottenham predicted line-up vs Aston Villa, Bentancur and Udogie to start
- Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Burnley vs West Ham United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Everton vs Manchester United – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Chelsea – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Chelsea’s next five matches after the international break
- Chelsea injury news: Nkunku, Lavia and James latest update ahead of Newcastle clash
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia beat India to lift record 6th title